Saturday, February 28, 2009

To Kill a Mockingbird

Hah, after less than one week, I had finished this book. Indeed it was a good read. The main reason why I can finish this so early is because of the fast pace and engaging plot. In the beginning, the description of Scout Finch's daily life is interesting but not good enough to get me hooked. When the storyline moves to the case of Tom Robinson, it is very intense and emotional. I finished the last part of the novel in less than three hours as I could not stop reading. (Actually I stopped to sleep as it was already 1.30 am, but I continued reading as soon as I woke up) The father of Scout, Atticus Finch is the character in the novel that I admire the most. He is a perfect example of an ideal man, even more than Joe Gargery in Great Expectations, whom I also admire. Atticus is a noble lawyer, wise, loving and always try to be open-minded to his children. Anyway, you should really read this novel. I have to thank Chee Loong for introducing this book to me. Time to find another good book to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment