Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Freshmen Orientation Camp

Finally, Malaysian Student Association Freshmen Orientation Camp 2009 is finally over. I have mixed feelings about this camp, 50 % tired, 20% frustration and not forgetting 30% joy. This time, I am no longer a freshie, but a senior and will be leading the incoming freshies. I joined Welfare, since I know I will not be a good programmer or photographer.

For the first day, I was the Hall 11 SA, who was in charge of welcoming the Hall 11 freshies. Seeing all of them got a Hall and I could not get one, I was seriously depressed. The feelings continued till night time when I still could not find a place to squat. I finally got a place to, which is Benjamin's room. Thanks to Ben I can stay in Hall 11 and do my work as FOC Hall manager.

My bad mood continue in the second day. But then, when I was browsing through files in my computer, I found and rewatched the video of my birthday celebration in NTU. It was really memorable. My OG mates planned a surprise for me and it was fun. Now, I can still remember clearly what happened in FOC 2008, how we played together, had fun, bonded. OG mates may not be your best friends in NTU, but they are most probably the first group of people you meet in NTU and for that, they are special. I realised this and wanted the freshies to experience the same thing. That's why I swallowed all my frustration and worked hard in the camp.

As a welfare and senior, I tried to take care of the freshies, answer their queries and inspire them. However, I do have regrets. I was exhausted and didnt talk much after a few days. I did not have much time to interact with the freshies in my group. I wanted them to feel what I felt last year but I couldn't. I can only do my best. I hope I had done a decent job as Hall SA, Hall Manager, Admin SA, Welfare and senior.

Lastly, 3 cheers and 3 cheers and 3 cheers for FOC!

1 comment: